Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Ranch Woman's Perspective



I our lives we hear of these amazing ranch women who can do it all. They run a farm single handed while raising and homeschooling their children. They get up every morning and do chores. Then they cook breakfast and get supper going. After that many of them go to an off farm job or take care of the kids. I have always admired these women. They make me feel lazy.

The other day someone told me and my mom that they thought of us as those kind of women. I wonder if the differences in our perspectives are just because we all do things differently. I am going to start working on writing about my daily experiences not just with the kids, but also on the ranch. I am also going to start seeking out other ranch and rural women to see how our experiences are similar as well as different.

If there is enough interest I might start a group of rural women bloggers. I feel like our experiences are different than other women's perspectives. Not only living and working outdoors with out families, but the loneliness, isolation, and never-ending nature of the lifestyle.

I am going to write about the day to day activities of the ranch and our family. I hope to make this a place for ranch women feel comfortable and not feel inadequate. I think that each rural woman has her own story to tell and I would like others to share their stories as well.

No comments: